It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:01 pm 

It was all a dream.

Just kidding, that would have been a better ending.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 am 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:
It was all a dream.

Just kidding, that would have been a better ending.

Well, we watched the ending of it and both of us agree, without your warning it would have sucked harder than it did.

ENDING:
:hole1: :half: :nohole: :nohole: :nohole:

We appreciate your warning and I had given Mrs. Pender fair warning that it had been reviewed by a reliable Holer that it sucked, but that it did not fade to black with everyone looking up at the sky and saying "What the...?".

It was damn fucking close to that, though.

I have chosen random movies lately and about half of them have adopted the artsy non-ending ending as their end. I am all for it when it works, as I don't need my movies spoon fed to me, but it does seem that a LOT of movies as of late are opting to just not end with anything tied up. Just for the sake of being "cool".

Whatever.

We appreciate your warning.

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 am 

It's an "homage" to 70s genre movies, which did this. A lot. Reveal the climax, and cut to black. No denouement. This movie had a lot more issues though, like revealing a brand new antagonist 10 minutes before the end of the film.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:35 am 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:
It's an "homage" to 70s genre movies, which did this. A lot. Reveal the climax, and cut to black. No denouement. This movie had a lot more issues though, like revealing a brand new antagonist 10 minutes before the end of the film.

Yeah, WTF was that about?

He got to his girlfriend and we both were like, "well that is a major piece of the puzzle."

And then the whole standoff scene and it not fading to black with the bad guy's gun being drawn. Well at least that was resolved (why it existed, who the fuck knows?).

Probably, why I gave the end +1 hole.

The plus +.5 hole was from the "ash sex" - I kept telling the wife, "now they're going to have ash sex."

That made me laugh.

The whole argument scene with the new dude was stupid. If you're in a post apocalyptic situation and someone tells you that it was the fault of the Smurfs that everything is happening. You contemplate thoughtfully. And then nod in agreement. And keep your mouth shut.

The last 10 minutes was like the producers ran out of money and wanted to fit another movie into the end in the quickest way possible. It sucked.

I kept thinking that I don't give a fuck how rural you go (and supposedly they were on "THE" major highway for a ways) there should be way more people than what they ran into.

Whatever. It is over. Thank goodness.

I watched The King's Choice (recommended) afterwards and Mrs. Pender slept.

8-)