It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:35 pm 

Seriously, THIS GUY is going to be Pennywise.

:BOD:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:41 pm 

Dude has a fucking weird face, I can see it.

Now everything surrounding the Suicide Squad movie - that there's some shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm 

JFelix wrote:
Now everything surrounding the Suicide Squad movie - that there's some shit.

I see people on forums saying "They nailed their look!" and I honestly can't tell if they're trolling, or are legitimately excited for whatever that is I'm looking at. Reminds me of some late 90s WB drama or something.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:13 pm 

Harley Quinn is seriously wearing a DADDY'S LITTLE MONSTER shirt.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:47 am 

You can't recreate late 80's/early 90's magic. I've only seen the movie once or twice and never felt good about the mind fuck of an ending. But, churching it up now only makes things worse. Unless Channing Tatum is in it. God, that Channing Tatum turns things around.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:52 am 
Canyon

Zypn wrote:
You can't recreate late 80's/early 90's magic. I've only seen the movie once or twice and never felt good about the mind fuck of an ending. But, churching it up now only makes things worse. Unless Channing Tatum is in it. God, that Channing Tatum turns things around.

I watched the IT miniseries when it originally aired -- fresh off of reading the book. A massive disappointment even then and it's only gotten worse with subsequent viewings. Even Tim Curry's performance seems cringe-worthy to me now. I honestly view it as one of the worst King adaptations -- a C-grade monster movie at best. I'm still not sure it can ever be adapted properly -- the psychic battle between IT and the Losers Club during the final encounter(s) is something that will be nearly impossible to translate to screen.

And a single movie of this will just suck. This needs to be a single season event series on HBO or something. The book was as much a chronicle of the town of Derry as it was about IT vs. The Losers Club. That kind of detail was essential to making IT the epic it was.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm 

Monterey Jack wrote:
Seriously, THIS GUY is going to be Pennywise.

'Guess you missed out on how he did a full-on Norton by playing the baddie in Maze Runner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:32 am 
Pollution Baby

Re-invigorating...

Looks like it is not going to be Will Poulter, but Bill Skarsgård. Seems a bit young, but he could pull it off with those eyes. The rest of the cast looks hit and miss, especially Beverly Marsh (Sophia Lillis). Beverly is supposed to be effortlessly beautiful tomboyish, not tomboyish but looks like she might be beautiful with some work, which is what Sophia Lillis seems to be. I would picture someone like Morgan Lily or Mackenzie Foy, or to be truer to the age, Elle McKinnon. The kid playing Bill seems undersized. He looks freakishly skinny, and Bill is supposed to be on the big size for his age. The age difference between the bullies is off too.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:51 pm 

I like that the guy who made Mama is directing, and that they're definitely going for an R rating (unless the studio ends up cutting it to ribbons). And the dude they settled on for Pennywise is definitely creepier looking than the asshat in the OP. Plus, they got one of the Stranger Things kids to play Ritchie Tozier.

Cautiously optimistic.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:49 am 

Whuh-HA, whuh-HA, whuh-HA...!!!

Not bad...not bad at all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:24 am 

I just watched that and rushed over here to say the same thing. This looks very, very promising and one of the better trailers I've seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 pm 

I just hope it's successful enough to get the second movie centered on the adults greenlit...from what I gathered, they hope to film it this summer for a release next fall (in order for the kids to still be young enough to film some flashback material). I'm sure this is still going to take many liberties with King's novel, but I can live with that so long as it's good and scary and pushes the R rating, which this trailer seems to promise.

Of course, I've been reading many complaints about this being a "rip-off" of Stranger Things... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:43 pm 

Reviews and advance buzz are EXTREMELY good. Even if the second movie drops the ball to the same degree as the second half of the miniseries, at least this one sounds like a home run. After the dumpster fires of The Dark Tower and that lousy TV version of The Mist, we deserve a good Stephen King adaptation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:07 pm 

I had fun with most of it. It reminded me of Nightmare on Elmstreet Dream Warriors with some of the set pieces.

I do wish they'd wrap these films up sooner though, the last 20 minutes were a drag. Just get on with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:37 pm 
Black Hole

I hate fucking clowns.

But, I enjoyed this movie.

Criticisms (mostly nitpicking):

1. It had a rushed feel in some aspects that are hard for me to express, it just seemed a little rushed in areas.

2. Would have enjoyed more of the background of the bad guy and why shit/kids/etc. floats.

3. It seemed that It would vary greatly from being able to attack openly to being unable to attack an individual when being observed outside its lair.

4. Again, another huge variance seemed to be killing or capturing (and the killing of the first victim we see is fairly quick versus selective others later in the movie). A lot of "deus ex machina" in this, but I guess without that heavy-handed sparring of some characters, it would have been over fairly quickly.

Praise:

1. It might have picked up a lot of feel from Stranger Things, but to me the kids' relationships with each other was more inline with Stand By Me. No coincidence in that, I am sure.

2. The first victim is shown flailing about with blood and gore. A rare cinematic treat to see a child viciously mauled by a bad guy. It made it easy to not like the main bad guy.

3. It did not feel as long as it was.

4. It was like Cthulhu Kid Version.

Overall a very good "horror" movie with some good intense shit happening.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

Pender wrote:
I hate fucking clowns.

I hate fucking clowns also. The incessant horn blowing and balloon animal making while you thrust makes orgasm hard to achieve.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 pm 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
Pender wrote:
I hate fucking clowns.

I hate fucking clowns also. The incessant horn blowing and balloon animal making while you thrust makes orgasm hard to achieve.

:lol:

Perfect.

You, sir, may go home and do whatever you want for the rest of the week. Anyone disputes this, you tell them Pender told you you have total authorization.

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:18 am 

I thoroughly enjoyed this B+ movie that is breaking box office records like crazy based solely on the fact that they didn't fuck it up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:33 am 
Black Hole

JFelix wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed this B+ movie that is breaking box office records like crazy based solely on the fact that they didn't fuck it up.

I think you nailed the reason for success. I wonder if Hollywood heard you.

:unsure:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 am 
Pollution Baby

I agree it felt rushed, and for those that have not read the book, I'm guessing Pender from the review, did you feel like the characters were built up and introduced enough? It is hard to separate what I know from the book and what the movie told me.

IT really needs to be a miniseries to get what made it so great. As with Stranger Things, the characters are fleshed out, and their stories have a chance to breath. With 7 main protagonists, this movie just didn't have the time to build them properly.

Having said that, the horror scenes where well done, and the fast kills at the beginning I wrote off to the monster being hungry, and then later on having time to enjoy himself more.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988