It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:37 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Can't say I didn't see this coming....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/26/attack-of-the-show-and-x-play-cancelled-by-g4

Never watched much X-play (althought the writing was on the wall after Sessler left), but I know that AOTS has been in a steady spiral since Olivia Munn left 2 years ago and went into a straight-out nose dive when Kevin Periera left this summer.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
Bummer in a way about AotS.

I always like tuning in to see what Underwood is wearing to give me wood.

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
I actually DVR it.

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
I DVR it, too. But I haven't even been watching my recorded shows lately, it's been so bad. Like I said, this is no shocker to me. AOTS has been mishandled for a while now -- when K. Periera jumped ship, I knew it was only a matter of time. Getting Bailey to replace Munn was the first sign that something was up. Even Periera wasn't shy about hinting that he thought she was wrong for the show (even right in front of her -- on the show sometimes).

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
AOTS has been unwatchable since Kevin left. The 2nd half of each show is just an interview that goes on forever, and the guest co-hosts are all terrible. Kevin's new show on Syfy (with Adam Sessler!) doesn't exactly look good either.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
Pollution Baby
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 am
Posts: 6663
Location: Massachusetts
What will happen to Morgan Webb?

_________________
-These are the demands and sayings of Ericubus.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
I'm sure she'll find something...I've seen her on a couple of Geek & Sundry shows (Tabletop most recently).

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:28 am 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Can't say I'm all that concerned about Morgan Webb. I know she certainly has her fans but she was the one reason I never watched X-Play. Pretty and knowledgeable? Yes, but saddled with one of the most unpleasant dispositions of any TV host I've ever seen. She had this annoying and thinly-veiled contempt for nearly every one of her male co-hosts. It made her unwatchable for me. Which is really saying something because good looks can make me overlook a GREAT many unsavory personality quirks (i.e. Olivia Munn). Not so with Webb.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:45 am 
Offline
Pollution Baby
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 am
Posts: 6663
Location: Massachusetts
I never got a contempt vibe from Webb, just not as openly flirtatious as that big tittied blond chick is now.

_________________
-These are the demands and sayings of Ericubus.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Ericubus wrote:
I never got a contempt vibe from Webb, just not as openly flirtatious as that big tittied blond chick is now.


It's not that. Candace Bailey isn't very flirtatious but still seems like a nice girl (despite her failings as a host). Maybe contempt isn't the right word. Maybe a bit of a superior attitude. Whenever she would guest host on AOTS, it was a disaster. It was always clear that she didn't care for Kevin (or for that matter, the juvenile humor that would permeate the show.) I don't know, something about her just rubs me the wrong way.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
Pollution Baby
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:51 am
Posts: 6663
Location: Massachusetts
I couldn't find the video, but if you ever run across Morgan Webb interviewing Angelina Jolie about Tomb Raider, Angelina is 100% condescending to Morgan, "Lara Croft probably wouldn't play video games.", and she's at a loss for what to do. You'd probably love it.

_________________
-These are the demands and sayings of Ericubus.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:44 am 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Ericubus wrote:
I couldn't find the video, but if you ever run across Morgan Webb interviewing Angelina Jolie about Tomb Raider, Angelina is 100% condescending to Morgan, "Lara Croft probably wouldn't play video games.", and she's at a loss for what to do. You'd probably love it.


I think I've seen that. From what I hear, Jolie could give a master class in being an unconscionable bitch. Turns out she's fucking clueless, too. I will give Webb props for knowing her shit, though. She's a true gamer, through and through. Easily Sessler's equal. Just not a very personable host IMO.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
Morgan Webb looked surprisingly hot during the Best Games of 2012 show. Her and the douchey co-host spent the entire show mentioning they and the crew would be unemployed by the time the show aired.

I just read that the entire network is shifting to a new demographic, stylized after GQ magazine.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Chris Knight wrote:
Morgan Webb looked surprisingly hot during the Best Games of 2012 show. Her and the douchey co-host spent the entire show mentioning they and the crew would be unemployed by the time the show aired.

I just read that the entire network is shifting to a new demographic, stylized after GQ magazine.


Actually, it's Esquire -- geared towards the "modern male" or some shit. I won't be watching any of it.

I'm going to miss the old days of Tech TV and G4. Nobody else was doing shit like that. From 2007 to the middle of 2010, AOTS was must-watch for me. I never missed an episode -- I'd even catch the replays the next day if I could. Sad to see how it all ended. I still have the final episodes on my DVR but I've heard they're so bad that they're not even worth watching. I should just delete 'em.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
A bunch of Tech TV vets ended up at Revision 3. Great place, until Kevin went to Google/DiggNation ended. I still watch Tekzilla, if only for Veronica Belmont (she's also on the awful Sword & Laser YouTube show).

There should be a Veronica Belmont TV network.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5535
Location: Likely underwater
Downhuman wrote:
Chris Knight wrote:
Morgan Webb looked surprisingly hot during the Best Games of 2012 show. Her and the douchey co-host spent the entire show mentioning they and the crew would be unemployed by the time the show aired.

I just read that the entire network is shifting to a new demographic, stylized after GQ magazine.


Actually, it's Esquire -- geared towards the "modern male" or some shit. I won't be watching any of it.

I'm going to miss the old days of Tech TV and G4. Nobody else was doing shit like that. From 2007 to the middle of 2010, AOTS was must-watch for me. I never missed an episode -- I'd even catch the replays the next day if I could. Sad to see how it all ended. I still have the final episodes on my DVR but I've heard they're so bad that they're not even worth watching. I should just delete 'em.


You may want to watch the last episode. Listening to Matt Mirah on the Nerdist podcast, he said they did some things on that episode that the network may not even allow to air. He was pretty bummed about the way things went out also and bagged on the final days of the show pretty hard, but he was very proud of the last episode. At least he was proud of the way it was shot. Can't be sure how it was edited. I haven't seen it.

_________________
"Watch my stuff." - Monterey Jack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 am 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
Chris Knight wrote:
A bunch of Tech TV vets ended up at Revision 3. Great place, until Kevin went to Google/DiggNation ended. I still watch Tekzilla, if only for Veronica Belmont (she's also on the awful Sword & Laser YouTube show).

There should be a Veronica Belmont TV network.

Pictures?

8-)

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Image

I wasn't aware of how great of a body she has until I saw this picture. She's cute and actually comes off way better on video. YouTube her. Her face reminds me of Sara Underwood's a little -- like she's her brainier but still painfully adorable sister or something (without the little girl voice, though).

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
I thank you.

:thumbs:

8-)

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
Singularity ∞
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 10740
Downhuman wrote:
Image

I wasn't aware of how great of a body she has until I saw this picture. She's cute and actually comes off way better on video. YouTube her. Her face reminds me of Sara Underwood's a little -- like she's her brainier but still painfully adorable sister or something (without the little girl voice, though).

Image

_________________
"Hitler had a pretty good idea there." - Eric


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 am 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
<------ IN-LOVE TRUE BELIEVER

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:16 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 2869
Location: über-kitsch
Chris Knight wrote:
AOTS has been unwatchable since Kevin left. The 2nd half of each show is just an interview that goes on forever, and the guest co-hosts are all terrible. Kevin's new show on Syfy (with Adam Sessler!) doesn't exactly look good either.



AOTS has sucked since Munn left, actually.

_________________
Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground. - John Lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 2869
Location: über-kitsch
caryc wrote:
Downhuman wrote:
Chris Knight wrote:
Morgan Webb looked surprisingly hot during the Best Games of 2012 show. Her and the douchey co-host spent the entire show mentioning they and the crew would be unemployed by the time the show aired.

I just read that the entire network is shifting to a new demographic, stylized after GQ magazine.


Actually, it's Esquire -- geared towards the "modern male" or some shit. I won't be watching any of it.

I'm going to miss the old days of Tech TV and G4. Nobody else was doing shit like that. From 2007 to the middle of 2010, AOTS was must-watch for me. I never missed an episode -- I'd even catch the replays the next day if I could. Sad to see how it all ended. I still have the final episodes on my DVR but I've heard they're so bad that they're not even worth watching. I should just delete 'em.


You may want to watch the last episode. Listening to Matt Mirah on the Nerdist podcast, he said they did some things on that episode that the network may not even allow to air. He was pretty bummed about the way things went out also and bagged on the final days of the show pretty hard, but he was very proud of the last episode. At least he was proud of the way it was shot. Can't be sure how it was edited. I haven't seen it.


Nerdist is great. They were calling the new G4 format Bro-vo.

_________________
Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground. - John Lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Surf Monkey wrote:
Chris Knight wrote:
AOTS has been unwatchable since Kevin left. The 2nd half of each show is just an interview that goes on forever, and the guest co-hosts are all terrible. Kevin's new show on Syfy (with Adam Sessler!) doesn't exactly look good either.



AOTS has sucked since Munn left, actually.


Agreed. I stayed on after she left because of Kevin Pereira but it was hard to watch him without a real partner beside him. Watching him lob greatfruit-sized jokes at Candace only to have her completely drop the ball on them EVERY TIME was infuriating. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked Candace quite a bit. But she shouldn't have been the co-host. Munn certainly wasn't the tech geek goddess with gamer cred that she wanted everyone to believe she was but she was the perfect match for Pereira. When those 2 would get a head of steam on them, it was A+ comedy. They played off each other perfectly. At their best, I found myself laughing at shit that I probably shouldn't have been laughing at (the whole fat-suit episode comes to mind). When Pereira would pull that earpiece out, you knew some truly funny shit was about to go down.

Damn, I miss those days of AOTS.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
Black Hole
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:18 pm
Posts: 8469
My PC says, Candace cried at the end.

_________________
Pender will beat off to anything....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 2869
Location: über-kitsch
They should have made Chris Hardwick and Alison Haislip the hosts after Munn left. They had the right chemistry.

_________________
Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground. - John Lennon


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
G4 lives!!!...for now.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/10/esquire-network-to-launch-on-style-rather-than-g4

NBCUniversal is still unsure what it will do with the channel, but it looks like it's been given a stay of execution.

My advice: Get some old TechTV execs back on the payroll and put them in charge of programming. Ditch the syndicated reality show nonsense and get honest-to-goodness video games back on the air. Their E3 coverage was always pretty damn comprehensive.

I know none of that will happen.

On a side note, my wife is pissed that Style (Esquire's new target) is going away.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
Yeah, it's a bit fucked up at Comcast. With minimal cash, they could lure Felicia Day's Geek & Sundry, and all of Revision 3. Instant geek channel.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
So, I was browsing the internetz a few weeks ago, and came across The Attack, on Twitch. It's Kevin Pereira's attempt to bring back elements of AOTS. It's horribly low budget (and has the look and feel of a late 80s cable access show), and airs a few times a week as a 2 hour live broadcast. Sometimes it's dull/pointless, but occasionally they nail it. Especially when there's a cute sidekick on the show. If they could just condense this to an hour, and ramp up the production value a bit, I could get very addicted.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:40 am 
Offline
Canyon
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 1779
Location: Tolland, CT
Chris Knight wrote:
So, I was browsing the internetz a few weeks ago, and came across The Attack, on Twitch. It's Kevin Pereira's attempt to bring back elements of AOTS. It's horribly low budget (and has the look and feel of a late 80s cable access show), and airs a few times a week as a 2 hour live broadcast. Sometimes it's dull/pointless, but occasionally they nail it. Especially when there's a cute sidekick on the show. If they could just condense this to an hour, and ramp up the production value a bit, I could get very addicted.


I will definitely check that out. I was just mentioning to my wife the other day about how much I missed AOTS (especially the Munn years). Still some of the funniest shit I've ever seen on television.

_________________
"You know the best thing about necrophilia? You don't have to bring flowers. They're usually already there." -- George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 8035
In a way, it reminds me more of Screen Savers (which was AOTS before the name change), in that it's more chaotic. There's lots of unexpected shit that happens, and lots of off-screen hi jinks that catches the host off guard. If you liked the what-the-fuck-just-happened moments of AOTS, then this is up your alley.

_________________
In space, nobody can hear you ride breakfast goat


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group