It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:38 am 
Canyon

I'm sure that I'm the only one watching this but I'll post on it anyway.

Season 2 is off and running is fine fashion. Not much has changed in terms of aesthetics -- the show is as dark as ever and not afraid to show you some truly disgusting shit. Hugh Dancy is already impressing me early on with his portrayal of a broken Will Graham. And Mads Mikkelson is still creepy as fuck with his highly original take on Lecter.

The opener started out with a pretty big "holy shit!!" moment with an unexpected fight scene (I won't spoil who it's between). It's apparent right off the bat that Fuller and Co. aren't fucking around this season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm 
Canyon

Another awesome episode. A walking human beehive!!?? Fuck me! Nightmare fuel for months!

Mads Mikkelson continues to amaze with his deconstruction of the Hannibal character. In a lot ways, I may actually like him more than Hopkins. He seems way more lethal and detached. His cool demeanor only makes his true nature all the more horrifying. The final scene this week is something that will stick with me -- incredibly well-staged.

It's a shame that this will probably be cancelled soon. Of course NBC is the only one to blame -- they put the fucking show in the Friday night death slot. I just hope that when NBC finally does cancel it, that one of the cable networks pick it up (its been heavily rumored that several networks are circling for when NBC finally pulls the plug). I put this show firmly in the same caliber as something like Game of Thrones and it's easily the best thing in NBC's sorry-ass lineup. Not seeing it play out will be fucking tragic.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:52 pm 

The season 2 finale puts Hannibal as the best show on tv. It was already my favorite show on TV but now there's really nothing close except for GOT. Just incredible. People not watching should believe the hype from those who do, this show is quality. I'm really hoping this show pulls a Breaking Bad and the ratings start to get better because word of mouth is so great.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm 
Canyon

Yeah, this combined with the shit he pulled off in the penultimate episode this season makes Hannibal the grand villain of all time. Game of Thrones is going to have to do something pretty special to top this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 am 

Anywhere I can watch season two for free? I'd love to catch up before season three comes out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:42 pm 
Canyon

Monterey Jack wrote:
Anywhere I can watch season two for free? I'd love to catch up before season three comes out.

Last 3 episodes will be up on the free version of Hulu, NBC.com and OnDemand for a while. Other than that, your only options are Hulu+ and Amazon Instant Video (non-Prime) which you'll have to pay for. Although, Season 1 was made available on Amazon Prime for free before Season 2 started. Perhaps the same will happen next year if you can wait that long.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:47 pm 
Canyon

BTW, Season 1 was truly great but I don't think it really prepares you for the pure unbridled fucking insanity that ensues in Season 2. All of the elements really come together at the end of the season in a way you just don't expect.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:35 pm 

Crap. Looks like I'll have to DVR season three and keep them on the backburner until season two hits $19.99.

Great show. I've always disliked the attempt at building a Hannibal Lecter "franchise", but this is the best thing to feature the Cannibal since Silence Of The Lambs (and kudos to Mads Mikkelsen for resisting the no doubt difficult temptation to mimic Anthony Hopkins' performance).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:53 pm 

Season two...INCREDIBLE. I still don't know how this is being shown on network TV.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm 
Canyon

Monterey Jack wrote:
Season two...INCREDIBLE. I still don't know how this is being shown on network TV.

As good as Season One was, Season Two trumped it on nearly every level. Simply remarkable in every way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:42 am 

Monterey Jack wrote:

:thumbs: I'm about to go back and watch season 1 and 2 with a friend who hasn't seen it, can't wait!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:37 pm 

RIP...Can't even be mad at NBC, they did far more than any other network would do in this situation. Amazon or Netflix, somebody will pick this show up...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:35 pm 

That was one hell of a series(?) finale, especially the bonkers post-credits scene. If the show doesn't get picked up by another network, I'd be satisfied with how it ends now.

Although...

Spoiler: show
Did Bedelia cut off and cook her own leg? Or are we to surmise that Hannibal survived his fall, tracked her down, and was in the process of eating her piece-by-piece?

Anyways, what sounded awful of paper (let's do ANOTHER riff on Hannibal Lecter, only on network TV!) turned out to be a stunning series, and I'm happy that it made it through even three seasons on the air.