It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Agents of SHIELD
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:46 am 

It's a billion times better than Gotham.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:00 am 
Black Hole

They killed Blade Runner dude.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:28 pm 

Agent Carter renewed for a second season. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:00 pm 
HMFIC

Agent Carter was a much more consistent show than Agents of Shield. The inhumans dialogue is George Lucas bad. But I'm still likely to watch it because it ties in and expands the universe.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 am 
Black Hole

The Inhumans are annoying and so are most everybody that is not showing boobs and not Agent Coulson.

If they just had large-breasted women and Agent Coulson, this would be the best TV ever.

I used to like Fitz, but then he got annoying with his brain fuck - but, actually, he now is getting more normalized again. Thankfully.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are all a bunch of back-stabbing, paranoid, freakazoids.

It's why Coulson is about the only good character.

There is that one other dude, too. That used to be fucking the blonde hottie. He's okay, too.

Ray Manzarek is pretty annoying and I met him once. He signed the book he wrote about Jim. Seemed far nicer than he is in this movie TV show thingie.

Ray Manzarek.

Yeah, isn't he dead?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:44 am 
Singularity ∞

Eric wrote:
Agent Carter was a much more consistent show than Agents of Shield. The inhumans dialogue is George Lucas bad. But I'm still likely to watch it because it ties in and expands the universe.

I'll still marathon it from time to time if/when there are relevant episodes, but I'm done with the week-to-week grind. If this was anything other than an MCU tie-in I'd have dropped it ages ago. Figure from here on in, I'll do a quick catch-up before each movie, just to catch anything they're setting up. Otherwise, screw this rubbish. Its terrible.

Also, that BIG MOMENT from Age of Ultron was SUCH a wasted opportunity to strengthen this show with a minor tie-in, even just in the background, but they blew it.

Agent Carter on the other hand, yeah, that was a lot more fun and better conceived overall. I'm all for more of that.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:06 pm 

Great season finale...shit was actually HAPPENING for a change, and some pretty major shit, too. Seems like the show is really kicking up the fight choreography (probably because it can't afford Avengers-level visual F/X on a TV budget). Looking forward to more, although I wonder if it'll ever cross over into the Marvel movies in any significant way (seeing Chloe Bennet on the big screen would be lovely).

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:27 pm 
Black Hole

Agreed, finale made everything this season worth it.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:15 pm 
Singularity ∞

I watch this on and off, and it's mostly off.

I'd been hearing good things about this season, though, and decided to start bingeing it since the last episode is tonight and season 5 just got greenlit.

They did something I like, which is split the season into 3 distinct named arcs. The first was Ghost Rider, and it was a pretty self-contained story.

I wrapped up the second arc last night, and HOLY SHIT, it was FUCKING FANTASTIC.

It's LMD, which stands for Life Model Decay, and it's about android clones of people. Basically elements of Ex Machina, Terminator, the show Humans, and that sort of thing.

The full arc was quite good (though it stumbled in the middle), really enjoyable, but it's the last episode of the arc, "Self Control," that totally blew me away.

Holy shit, seriously fantastic TV, best of the series and on par with any great sci-fi you can name. Stellar stuff. Gripping, suspenseful, great acting, killer action, and an amazing flip of the script at the end that had me eager to roll right into the next arc.

I'd seriously recommend people watch just this episode, but a lot of the character context would get lost if you haven't seen the series. I think the last two of the arc, episodes 14 & 15, would work, if viewed as a TV movie. The reveals at the very end would still be lost on people, but I think it would work if watched that way.

I'm serious, that one episode was just goddamn amazing. Fantastic science fiction.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:35 pm 
HMFIC

I've been keeping up with it for the most part--I might fall a month behind, but then I catch up.

Third arc of the season is better. Though some of it builds on the earlier seasons, and I was a little unclear on whether you'd watched all of them.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:09 pm 
Singularity ∞

I haven't watched the third arc yet. Will be starting it tonight, after I snag the final episode.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:42 am 
HMFIC

Gets a bit rushed in the very last episode and suffers for that, but it's the best part of the season (and probably the show) up to that point.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:42 am 

Great season overall, probably the show's best. A well-done Ghost Rider + the Matrix shit made for a great mix of action and mind-fuckery (the last shot of John Hannah in the season finale was haunting). Glad the show got renewed for a fifth season, although I hope the writers are smart enough to write it as if it's the last one. I seriously doubt that ABC will greenlight a sixth season based on the show's expense, and because it how has enough episodes for syndication, they'll probably pull the plug after season five. Still, it's been a good run for a series that started off very shaky and has blossomed into a rock-solid aspect of the overall Marvelverse. Hope to see Chloe Bennet on the big screen one day.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:30 am 
Singularity ∞

What a terrific end to another great storyline. Once again, I was seriously impressed.

One thing that impressed me was the acting. Everyone was good, but Mallory Jansen (Aida), Iain De Caestecker (Firz), and especially Elizabeth Henstridge (Simmons) were all off the damn charts. These last two arcs, Henstridge has just been amazing.

The whole hook of the Agents of Hydra story was very cool. Very rewarding for longtime fans of the show. Some smart writing, too. I actually got a kind of Lost vibe from it for some damn reason.

The end was quite satisfying, really making all of season 4 feel like a cohesive whole. Awesome CGI in the finale, too.

One thing I liked as far as the "grand tapestry" stuff goes is that, unlike last year's story with Hive, I never once had a "why don't they call in the damn Avengers?" moment (which is such an obvious instinct even Ant-Man made such a reference). All season, they felt like threats that SHOULD be SHIELD and belonged to SHIELD and would not grab global attention. It was only at the very end when the threat level escalated like crazy, and that was sudden and resolved fast.

The show got pretty good last year and was worth watching. This year, it really came into its own in a big way. It was legit excellent.

Too bad next year will be it for the show. I do hope they close it out well.