It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 am 
Pollution Baby

2 weeks and counting...

April 12th

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:08 pm 

Winter is Coming.

(on HBO thankfully it is actually going here).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:56 pm 

Still haven't gotten around to season 4.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:59 pm 
Pollution Baby

JFelix wrote:
Still haven't gotten around to season 4.
It's a right bit of fun.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:45 am 
Black Hole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:57 am 

I usually wait until there's 1 episode left in the season and binge watch them right before the finale comes on. I think I'll do that again this season.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:26 pm 
HMFIC

It occurred to me that I've read a number of reviews that mentioned having watched the first four episodes. Maybe, I thought, those first four episodes were available online.

In case you're interested in that sort of thing, they are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:56 pm 
HMFIC

Maggy the Frog. Somewhat of a departure from the books' depiction.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:32 pm 
HMFIC

Just watched episode 5. I think the last scene has major implications for the show AND books.

Spoiler: show
Haven't read the books in a few years, so I can't remember all the names, but the fact that Mormont gets the grayscale instead of the griffin-shield guy who's raising the supposed cousin of Daenerys suggests that a fan theory is right--that the supposed cousin of Danaerys and heir to the throne is a fake. In the book, he and the griffin-guy are currently invading the southern part of Westeros that isn't Dorne. But if those characters can be this easily excised from the story, odds are he's a fraud.

Which, if the ol' "the dragon has three heads" prophecy has any weight, might mean the surviving Targaryens who'll end up (presumably) riding dragons by the end are Daenerys as well as (probably) Jon Snow (son of Daenerys's brother and Ned Stark's sister), and Tyrion (secretly the Mad King's son by his supposed father's wife).

The Jon Snow theory seems so telegraphed as to be solid. I've gone back and forth as to whether the third one is the kid or Tyrion, since neither seem quite so definitively supported by the text.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:02 am 
Black Hole

I dug the Multi-Face God thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:16 am 
HMFIC

FUCK Stannis.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:07 am 

Eric wrote:
FUCK Stannis.

Fuck him up his daughter killing ass.

Seriously, though, was the plan to string us along all season, just so we can have 2 huge fucking episodes in a row? I can't imagine what's happening in the finale (Not a reader of the books, so I don't know).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:26 am 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
Eric wrote:
FUCK Stannis.

Fuck him up his daughter killing ass.

:lol:

I'm glad he did it. That kid was a mess of goodness that just didn't belong.

Was never a Stannis believer, so it really didn't impact me. Someone was saying a lot of people believed Stannis to be "the One" so I guess.

But really, the dragon burning people to death was much cooler.

The little girl burning? Shit, we've seen that all before with the Witch Hunts and whatnot. Ho-hum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:20 am 

Just watched the very first episode ('tried years back, but bailed out after 20 Minutes or so then):

4/10

Then that annoying kid gets pushed to death in the very last scene.

7/10

Game on...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:03 am 

Riedenschneider wrote:

Then that annoying kid gets pushed to death in the very last scene.

7/10

Game on...

You're not going to be happy.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 am 
Black Hole

Riedenschneider wrote:
Game on...

Lassen Sie es in Ihrem Holster, Junge von der Kuh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:23 pm 

Boy-of-the-cow.

10/10.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:39 pm 
HMFIC

Kimfair wrote:
Seriously, though, was the plan to string us along all season, just so we can have 2 huge fucking episodes in a row? I can't imagine what's happening in the finale (Not a reader of the books, so I don't know).

Almost all of the TV plots that are following anywhere near the book plots (and not all of them are anymore) are caught up or near it. If they don't go off-plot, you might see a pretty brutal group-stabbing or a buck-naked Cersei.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:40 pm 

So I'm watching episode 2 right now and das frau walks in, gives me a good night kiss and looks at the TV, to see what I'm watching. Midgetlage is on screen smacking a boy across the face. Frau goes "ach du scheiße..." and giggles all the way leaving the room.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:18 pm 
Black Hole

LOL

Glad she giggled.

Boy of the cow was the best way I could put "cowboy" since the other translations didn't sound as cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:41 am 

So I watched all 9 episodes in a day and I have to say what a shit season. Just a shit season of people traveling around and getting nothing done. I'm all in on Team Stannis or Jon Snow. If dragon whore "wins" this show I'll say it's worst show I've ever seen. I wish her fucking dragon ate her when she tried to pet it, not even having Tyrion with her can save her shit storyline. Also Jon Snows fat friend and that ugly chick dear god couldn't be anymore boring like just fast forward right on past their boring as fuck scenes everytime.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:35 am 
Black Hole

Al Pacino wrote:
So I watched all 9 episodes in a day and I have to say what a shit season. Just a shit season of people traveling around and getting nothing done. I'm all in on Team Stannis or Jon Snow. If dragon whore "wins" this show I'll say it's worst show I've ever seen. I wish her fucking dragon ate her when she tried to pet it, not even having Tyrion with her can save her shit storyline. Also Jon Snows fat friend and that ugly chick dear god couldn't be anymore boring like just fast forward right on past their boring as fuck scenes everytime.

I don't agree as far as being a "shit season" as the whole Many-Faced God thing was absolutely cool.

I think that aspect of the show could be its own show, if done properly.

I support Jon Snow, but I've heard rumors. I don't care though. Snow for the win.

Tyrion is an absolute monster of cool.

I really liked Dragon Whore, but for some inexplicable reason she just became a total loser. She was like the Ultimate Whore of Dragons and then, boom, she can't even muster enough self-assurance to have them constantly hang around her anymore?

What the fuck?

That was the worst part of the whole show to me (and it happened last season).

I just don't get where or how she lost her cockiness.

Even her supposedly epic ride away on the dragon was heavily tainted with timidity and self-doubt.

Now she's like this lost girl thing that I would rather have slapped than fucked.

Le sigh.

Outside that aspect, I think the show has done decently and consistent with the rest of the characters.

FYI, SNL did a sketch with the Fat Guy and Whining Girlfriend that was spot-on. They were absolutely annoying.

Jon Snow should have hit that Fire Witch's ass and fucked her three-ways until Winter Came. The Witch might be evil and dangerous, but she's hot and slutty.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 am 
Pollution Baby

No mention of Cersei getting a bit of karma slapped in her face? I liked that story line a whole lot, but they did not invest enough time to have it develop the way it should have. From her manipulating the religious nutters to be her own personal army, to how that effects the life and times of Westeros, to how it eventually comes back to bite her hard. That is an awesome story and the good parts were glazed over and rushed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:26 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
No mention of Cersei getting a bit of karma slapped in her face? I liked that story line a whole lot, but they did not invest enough time to have it develop the way it should have. From her manipulating the religious nutters to be her own personal army, to how that effects the life and times of Westeros, to how it eventually comes back to bite her hard. That is an awesome story and the good parts were glazed over and rushed.

I think the James Bond Media Mogul Villain Dude does a good enough job, but there a lot of unexplained aspects of his cult.

Cersei's comeuppance was kind of odd since she should have seen it coming - it was after all inevitable that the whackos would "review" her past and find her wanting. Plus, her going anywhere without an entourage of protection seems odd considering she knows that she is hated in her own city.

It may very well be an awesome story, but, as you said, all of it was glazed and rushed.

So, that totally drops it from awesome to merely some good information.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 am 
Pollution Baby

Pender wrote:
...Cersei's comeuppance was kind of odd since she should have seen it coming - it was after all inevitable that the whackos would "review" her past and find her wanting. Plus, her going anywhere without an entourage of protection seems odd considering she knows that she is hated in her own city...
The Mrs and I spoke about that while watching it, wondering why she didn't have the guards with her. As far as seeing it coming, I think she thought herself above that and in league with the ruler cult guy, not really understanding him and how far his beliefs go.

It could have been great, watching her using the religious cult and then slowly being overtaken by them. She deserves a few stints in prison and some floor water. The reason the King's guard was not storming them and killing every last cultists needs to be explored. There would, or should, also be someone trying to make a power grab as the powerful are in prison.

It should and could be a great and awesome storyline, but ya, they aren't doing it justice.

I am still all for Khaleesi, and see the current situation as her growing pains. If you follow her closely, she is going through life on the show, from birth after the fire, to adolescent dreaming and innocent crusading, to teenage rebellion to young adult realities, which is where she is now. It is one thing to want to world to live free and in peace, it is another thing to deal with the realities of that. I think she will realize she doesn't have to give up who she is to bring about the changes she wants. We will see more of her kickass crusading for good and the throne now that she got that wake-up call.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:12 am 

Ericubus, I agree mostly, but since you didn't know who Christopher Lee was, your opinion is suspect at best. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:27 am 
Pollution Baby

Kimfair wrote:
Ericubus, I agree mostly, but since you didn't know who Christopher Lee was, your opinion is suspect at best. :wink:
Christopher Lee touched me as a child, and I had mostly blocked that experience out, but thank you for unlocking those memories, I hope my pain is bringing you joy.

Would Game of Thrones be better with Saruman or Count Dooku?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:30 am 

Ericubus wrote:
Christopher Lee touched me as a child, and I had mostly blocked that experience out, but thank you for unlocking those memories, I hope my pain is bringing you joy.

Would Game of Thrones be better with Saruman or Count Dooku?

He was a bit of a touchy feely kind of guy. I think Game Of Thrones would be better with Dracula.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:35 pm 

Pender wrote:
Al Pacino wrote:

I don't agree as far as being a "shit season" as the whole Many-Faced God thing was absolutely cool.

I think that aspect of the show could be its own show, if done properly.

I support Jon Snow, but I've heard rumors. I don't care though. Snow for the win.

Tyrion is an absolute monster of cool.

I really liked Dragon Whore, but for some inexplicable reason she just became a total loser. She was like the Ultimate Whore of Dragons and then, boom, she can't even muster enough self-assurance to have them constantly hang around her anymore?

What the fuck?

That was the worst part of the whole show to me (and it happened last season).

I just don't get where or how she lost her cockiness.

Even her supposedly epic ride away on the dragon was heavily tainted with timidity and self-doubt.

Now she's like this lost girl thing that I would rather have slapped than fucked.

Le sigh.

Outside that aspect, I think the show has done decently and consistent with the rest of the characters.

FYI, SNL did a sketch with the Fat Guy and Whining Girlfriend that was spot-on. They were absolutely annoying.

Jon Snow should have hit that Fire Witch's ass and fucked her three-ways until Winter Came. The Witch might be evil and dangerous, but she's hot and slutty.

I've heard the rumors too Pender and I'm not happy about it. I also have really enjoyed the few short moments we had in Dorne and the Many-Faced God stuff is fantastic. Oh yea and the whole religious stuff with Cersei was terrible. It really was super rushed and made very little sense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:28 pm 
Pollution Baby

Fuck Game of Thrones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:36 pm 
Black Hole

LMFAO

That was fantastic.

Life in GoT is definitely nasty, brutish, and short.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:57 pm 

Ericubus wrote:
Fuck Game of Thrones

Pretty much, overall season was complete shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 am 
Black Hole

Al Pacino wrote:
Ericubus wrote:
Fuck Game of Thrones

Pretty much, overall season was complete shit.

You guys make me happy.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:04 am 
Pollution Baby

Who is left to root for?

Khaleesi, I'm assuming she just got another army, and I still want her to get the throne, but who else? The only other one was Jon Snow, and now . . . and where the hell was Ghost? Maybe fire priestess with the breasts of perfection could, and would definitely want and need to, resurrect him, but a heart wrenching death just to be brought back, I dunno, seems a bit to . . . Gandolf-y.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 am 

Yeah, I only see Jon Snow continuing on in this story if Mellisandra brings him back to life. That long walk for Cersei was fucking brutal, even for someone who certainly deserved it.

Eric - since you have read the books, have we reached the end of the last book with what happened last night? Did Jon Snow die in the books, and did Arya go blind?