It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Drek: Tiscovery
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:08 am 
Black Hole

Star Trek: Discovery might be the best thing that has happened to the franchise in ages, but the online hatred just might kill it before all is said and done.

I am up to the current episode, 12, and I have to say that if you like Star Trek, you will like this.

Don't read anything online because there are reveals and twists and turns that you will want to happen without knowing it beforehand (although an astute person could reasonably see it coming, in some ways).

Karen has been watching this along with me and she is not a Trekkie but with the episode this week she was really amazed at how much she loves the show.

The new takes on Mudd and several other iconic premises are are refreshing but not damaging to the core TV shore canon, IMHO.

Well worth the subscription cost, so far.

:hole1: :hole1: :hole1: :hole1: :half:

For a bonus with the subscription, be sure to catch the bizarre cop show entitled No Activity which is an ensemble piece that includes Tim Meadows, Bob Odenkirk, Will Ferrell, Mackenzie Davis, J.K. Simmons, Adrian Martinez, and more.

Post subject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:27 pm 

I haven't watched the newest episodes (since the hiatus), but the first bunch were fantastic.

BTW, The Orville is just as good, and a nice contrast to this Trek series.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:25 am 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:

I have been wanting to watch The Orville and it looks like Google is telling me it is streaming on Hulu.

:thumbs:

Yeah, I loved the first half season's episodes of the new Trek, but wow. Seriously, the second half is amazing. I envy that you get to see it for the first time.

You don't have to watch the After Trek for every episode, but the last 2 of those are very cool, too.

The latest of which has Jonathan Frakes and one of the writers that has composed a lot of the best bits and pieces of the series, so far. They also do a very cool video replay/reveal of all the hints and clues about certain "surprise" elements throughout the whole season (both halves).

Which is ultra-cool to me that they totally invested some serious time and effort into building to where the season is heading.

Yeah, I think if you dug the first part of the season you will be amazed at the second part of the season.

So fucking good and I am so jealous you get to experience it for the first time.

Like Trek crack.

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:24 am 
Pollution Baby

Chris Knight wrote:
The Orville is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Far closer to the original series just slightly updated with technology, and far heavier on the Sci-Fi writing and scenarios than most of the Trek spin-offs. 100% digging it.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988