It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:51 pm 

Don't sweat it - in about 10 years, your hearing will be shot, and you'll think vinyl sounds just great.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:43 am 

Chris Knight wrote:
Don't sweat it - in about 10 years, your hearing will be shot, and you'll think vinyl sounds just great.

1. Probably
2. Nyah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:45 am 

I just purchased a battery and a tool kit for my iPod Classic 160GB unit. It should be here tomorrow actually. I'm going to attempt to replace it and get some more time from my iPod for now. I'm just not ready to give up the interface or the ability to create playlists, etc. on iTunes.

I ran out of space on my iPod a long time ago though. Basically, I have a core block of music that I know I'll listen to throughout the year. It's about 120GB. I use the rest to load new music as I get it and then cycle stuff out if I'm tired of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:20 pm 
HMFIC

That's me, except that I still get decent battery life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 pm 

If you're still looking for a player, Sony's got you covered.

The chassis is made entirely of gold-plater copper, so that means the digital signal sounds much more expensive. And the generous 256GB of non-expandable memory means you'll never run out of space. Totally worth the $3,200 asking price, and it'll surely never depreciate in value.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:06 pm 

After having issues with my iPod that I used here at work I just bought a 1TB portable and had a friend in IT load itunes on my work computer. I hook up the portable hard drive, point itunes at it and enjoy 500+ GB of music.

Letterboxed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm 

I received my battery from China, opened my iPod with the help of a YouTube video and replaced it. So far it works like a charm. Once the disc goes out though, I'll be looking for another solution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:27 pm 

caryc wrote:
I received my battery from China, opened my iPod with the help of a YouTube video and replaced it. So far it works like a charm. Once the disc goes out though, I'll be looking for another solution.

You can probably replace the harddrive with a compactflash card or SD memory card. I did this with my old school iRiver Mp3 player years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 am 

Brian - I'm looking into buying one of these players. I have a few questions for you. Is it possible to make playlists on this unit? Play songs/albums randomly? Have certain songs not play randomly (I'm thinking holiday music here)?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:58 pm 

Kimfair wrote:
Brian - I'm looking into buying one of these players. I have a few questions for you. Is it possible to make playlists on this unit? Play songs/albums randomly? Have certain songs not play randomly (I'm thinking holiday music here)?

I think so, but they're not features I've ever dug into. There's an option to add tracks and albums to a playlist, and it can shuffle songs for sure. Full disclosure, I'm very much a person that listens to an album I'm in the mood for, I've never used any shuffle features or custom playlists really so I have no frame of reference for you on how well they perform. I'm not sure if it offers an album shuffle.

The player is just an android device with access to Google Play, so if you didn't like the default program, you could try something like Blackplayer or Poweramp which are feature rich. I've read conflicting reports on whether or not 3rd party apps take full advantage of the superior DACs, and it's not something I've dug into because I just want albums, sound quality, and some basic cover art function and the default app has me covered.

Sorry I'm not much help here!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:55 pm 

No that's more than enough. I'm sure the basic functions will be great for me, I'm really just looking for something to replace my iPod with something with more storage capacity.