It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:14 am 
Black Hole

Beat Dawnguard last night.

Wow, that had a LOT more shit going on in it than I expected. The new area you get to near the end (after an epic dungeon crawl) was pretty fucking awesome. And it's one of two fairly large land expanses it adds, plus several really good dungeons.

LOVED the main companion it adds. She's my new main bitch. There are a lot of people you can companion up, but she's the best.

Good story, good locations, yay!

I've also done a bunch of the Hearthfire stuff. Built a bitchin' house, adopted a kid, all that shit.

:thumbs:

Started Dragonborn today, but I've got 50 hours into this latest Skyrim playing and am a bit burnt and may take a break. Happened with Oblivion when I was halfway through Shivering Isles. Don't want to stall out again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:36 am 
Black Hole

Oh, and how lame am I? I was genuinely disappointed when the main companion you get in Dawnguard wouldn't marry me.

That's okay, though. I married Lydia instead. Probably best for my burly Nord guy to marry to a tough chick like that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:26 pm 

I've got about 6-7 hours into Dragonborn (I like to take my time, so that's about 2 hours for console gamers). It's a slow burn, lots of dungeon crawling. Definitely take a break before heading into it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:28 am 
Black Hole

Decided to drop Skyrim and video game altogether and start re-watching Mad Men instead. I'll get to Dragonborn when I'm done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:03 pm 
Black Hole

Elder Scrolls Online goes free to play on March 17.

Me, Shoe Hr and some of his friends are already in. Anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:09 pm 

Shoe wrote:
Elder Scrolls Online goes free to play on March 17.

Me, Shoe Hr and some of his friends are already in. Anyone else?

Base game will still cost money, at least on consoles.

Also, I heard it was terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:36 pm 
Black Hole

It is not good. It was okay, but not GOOD.

But for free I will play it. Yes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:38 am 
Black Hole

I've been fully back in this world since getting the special edition for Xbox One. Hadn't ever done the second big Dragonborn expansions or the Brotherhood storyline, so for that alone I've been glad to play it again.

Mine is also packed with mods now, too, to make it a much different experience. Loads of new content and tweaks. So glad mods made the transition to console. I've loved revamping past games - my Morrowind mod setup is INSANE - but my current systems just won't run Skyrim well, so this is a big boon to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm 
Black Hole

I've been playing this for the last few weeks:

Attachment:
esomorrowind.jpg
esomorrowind.jpg [ 38.52 KiB | Viewed 33 times ]

Allow me to cut to the chase: If you enjoy Skyrim or Oblivion and would like some more open world exploring and adventuring in a huge environment, set in the same fantasy world, this is worth a pickup.

And actually, the version without the Morrowind expansion is only $15. Super cheap for LOOOAADS of content:

https://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-On ... 00DHF39EO/

Yes, this is an MMO (such as World of Warcraft), which means you're playing with thousands of other players.

But no, you never need to interact with people if you don't want to.

And no, you don't have to pay to play it. Buy the game and (assuming you have Gold or Playstation Plus on the consoles) it's free to play online.

I play solo. It plays solo just fine. There are loads of quests with full voice acting, good stories, and all the rest of the stuff you'd expect from a Skyrim or Oblivion or Morrowind. I've run into a wall with a few boss monsters, but otherwise have been just fine with my dark elf slash-'em-up type.

Just like any other Elder Scrolls game, you are free to explore anywhere you want. Steal stuff. Craft stuff. Join guilds. Follow stories. Ignore stories. Chase gear. Sneak through dungeons. Etc etc

I'm liking it WAY more than I expected.

You can pay a monthly fee to upgrade some stuff if you want to (mostly notably your bank storage capacity), but you don't need to. There are several expansions out that add new lands, but you are free to ignore them.

A chunk of Skyrim is in it, including Windhelm.

The whole island from Morrowind is in it (in the expansion).

Most of the land from Oblivion is in it (though the Imperial City requires an expansion).

Plus a loooaaad of other lands to explore.

Thumbs up. :thumbs:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8