It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steam
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:38 pm 

I went on YouTube, and the Civ IV reviews said it was better than III (and the general consensus is that V isn't as good as IV). Considering how little time I spend gaming, a single one of these will suffice for me. If you're telling me III is better, I'll keep it.

also, my latest addiction: http://openra.res0l.net/

I played the shit out of Dune and C&C in the 90s...so, this is heaven.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 pm 
Singularity ∞

I enjoy III more than IV, but in all fairness that may be nostalgia talking. I lost many sleepless nights to it. You're probably better off keeping IV.

Though if you passed the threshhold to get both DLC packs for V, it becomes the superior game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 am 
Singularity ∞

Chris Knight wrote:
also, my latest addiction: http://openra.res0l.net/

I played the shit out of Dune and C&C in the 90s...so, this is heaven.

Looks neat. I was briefly into RTS games at that time -- C&C, Red Alert, Warcraft, Age of Empires, etc. -- but got tired of the genre fairly quick*.

Still, goofing around with a modernized Dune would be a fun way to kill an hour or two.

I still have all my C&C and RA discs, CD-Rs I copied from the son of a woman I worked with way back when. Doubt they even work anymore.

*That said, a year or two I played Company of Heroes, and that game rocked my socks. Awesome squad-based WWII RTS.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:48 pm 
Singularity ∞

They just added two map packs AND Pirates to the Sid Meier bundle.

DAMMIT! If I had known, I would have waited! Trying to figure out if I can still get them even though I already got the bundle, because dammit, I want it ALL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:05 pm 
Singularity ∞

Shoe wrote:
They just added two map packs AND Pirates to the Sid Meier bundle.

DAMMIT! If I had known, I would have waited! Trying to figure out if I can still get them even though I already got the bundle, because dammit, I want it ALL.

BOOM!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:28 pm 

Yes, if you buy the full bundle early on, you always get the added content. If you just buy the $1 content, you can still upgrade to the full bundle, and you only pay the difference (and even then, the difference is whatever the full price was when you paid $1, not what it is currently). Humble is cool like that.

Also, if you get a game in a bundle that doesn't have a Steam key, but is added to Steam much later, you will generally get that key sent to you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:55 am 
Singularity ∞

Yeah, I was pretty pleased they handled it that way.

Plus, more Pirates! is never a bad thing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm 

Got a key for IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946.

And if you're my friend on Steam, I can gift you a copy of Aerena - Clash of Champions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:18 pm 

Thief Gold for free. This is not bullshit, but I also don't know how long it will last:

https://www.thiefmodcompetition.com/

You'll get a $6.99 discount code for a Steam key/download on Amazon. It works, because I just got it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:05 am 
Singularity ∞

One of the best stealth games ever made. Perhaps still the best. I still own the original discs, but I've got to get it digitally, too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:13 am 
Singularity ∞

Weird. Seemed to be working for me, but not for Shoe Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:40 pm 
Canyon

Dude, thanks for that! Another classic that I've never had the chance to play.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:34 pm 
Singularity ∞

Thief is an older game that would still be worth a $20 price tag. The design is just stylized enough so that the older graphic won't matter, and the gameplay is still tense, engrossing and fun.

If you end up liking it, DO get Thief 2. It's just as good, if not a bit better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:11 pm 
Pollution Baby

Thief was really fun. You obviously have to like stealth type FPS games, but the gameplay and graphics fit well together, and there is something oddly satisfying about sneaking up on someone and knocking them unconscious. I vaguely remember levels where you end up with piles of hidden bodies in closets or large wooden boxes.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 pm 

I have not read any good reviews for the new Thief game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:50 pm 
Canyon

Destructoid gave it a 7.5. Not exactly glowing but not terrible either. A lot of reviews are pointing out Dishonored as being superior.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:33 pm 

Yeah, I just sat through TotalBiscuit's YouTube review (almost an hour), and now it's on my Steam wishlist. The initial previews shown last year were terrible, but the developer clearly listened to feedback. And it looks really good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 am 
Singularity ∞

The impressions I got from those early previews is that they attached some nods to the previous games (like the gem stealth indicator) but missed the heart of the series. If I'm wrong, that makes me happy. The world needs more good Thief games.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:35 pm 

Very cool, and very free, portal 2 mod on Steam today. Adds a time machine, and hilarity ensues.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286080/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:23 pm 

FYI, the Summer Sale starts next week, and other stores are jumping the gun with some decent deals. Check r/gamedeals. If you go to a Target store, they are selling $20 Steam wallet cards for $18.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:35 pm 
Canyon

Steam sale on now.

Skyrim for $4.99 -- Legendary Edition for $13.59
Tomb Raider $4.99
Outlast $4.99
Metro: Last Light Complete $6.79 (for the next 2 hours)
The Stanley Parable $5.99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 pm 

I've made $2 just selling the goofy cards they hand out for every 3 votes you make (plus 1 for every $10 you spend - which I have yet to do). Just debating what to spend it on...(and there's waaaaaay too many Early Access games in this sale..fuck that shit).

Anyway, Team Purple!

FYI, GoG has matched a few of these prices, as has Amazon.

P.S - Titanfall is free for 48 hours on Origin (meaning, you can download it anytime, and the clock starts when you start playing). It's a 18GB download (40GB install - sheesh).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:22 am 
Canyon

Chris Knight wrote:
I've made $2 just selling the goofy cards they hand out for every 3 votes you make (plus 1 for every $10 you spend - which I have yet to do). Just debating what to spend it on...(and there's waaaaaay too many Early Access games in this sale..fuck that shit).

I've been collecting those stupid cards for a while now and just decided to sell all of them -- $2.75 so far. That's not bad for basically nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:12 am 

I've only bought three early access games ever but like you said Chris, this sale has way too many.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 am 

Really good Humble Bundle going on. $5.17 for a bunch of A list games by 2K (Bioshock, etc.)

The $20 tier isn't as good a deal, but if you don't have either of those titles, it might be worth it to you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:51 am 
Singularity ∞

X-Com is FANTASTIC and is worth the $20 tier all on its own. One of the best games of the last few years, bar none.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm 

Steam is getting a bit insane...

Quote:
Buy Call of Duty Definitive Collection (ROW)

Includes 109 items: Call of Duty, Call of Duty® 2, Call of Duty: United Offensive, Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare®, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 Stimulus Package, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2 Resurgence Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike Content Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Escalation Content Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Annihilation Content Pack, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Rezurrection Content Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Collection 3: Chaos Pack, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Collection 4: Final Assault, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Collection 1, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 Collection 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops - Mac Edition, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Annihilation & Escalation Bundle – Mac Edition, Call of Duty: Black Ops - Rezurrection Mac Edition, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Nuketown Zombies Map, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Revolution, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Party Rock Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Kawaii Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Graffiti Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Dia de los Muertos Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Benjamins Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Bacon Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Zombies Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Viper Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Jungle Warfare Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - North American Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - South American Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - European Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - African Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Asian Flags of the World Calling Card Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Extra Slots Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Uprising, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Comics Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Paladin Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Dragon Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Cyborg Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Vengeance, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Glam Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Coyote Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Pack-A-Punch Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Aqua Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Breach Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Rogue Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Apocalypse, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Onslaught, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Devastation, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Invasion, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Wolf Skin, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Dead Man's Hand Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Beast Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Octane Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Extra Slots Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Elias Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Hesh Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Merrick Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Keegan Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Legend Pack - CPT Price, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Ducky Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Circuit Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Inferno Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Space Cats Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Legend Pack - Makarov, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Zakhaev Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Rorke Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Hazmat Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - 1987 Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Eyeballs Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Blunt Force Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Hex Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Heartlands Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Molten Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Legend Pack - Soap, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Squad Pack - Extinction, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Classic Ghost Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Drill Instructor VO Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Snoop Dogg VO Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - UK Punk Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II - Afterlife Personalization Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Bling Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Extinction Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Fitness Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Koi Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Heavy Metal Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Unicorn Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Spectrum Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Astronaut Special Character, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Squad Pack - Resistance, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Leopard Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Abstract Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Flags of the World Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Hydra Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Skulls Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Tattoo Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Nebula Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Weapon - The Ripper, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Weapon - The Maverick, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Blunt Force Character Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Inferno Character Pack, Call of Duty®: Ghosts - Bling Character Pack

Mind you, if you just want the original CoD games (1 & 2), the War Chest and WW2 bundle are the cheapest they have ever been ($15 and $22.50 respectively - quite a bit less than the $200 bundle above).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:42 pm 
Canyon

At 200 dollars that's still a pretty nice deal for everything they're giving you. Even if most of it are just retreads of what came before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:06 am 
Singularity ∞

The CoD games are so multiplayer focused, though, it's insane to pay that much for a load of MP games with little community left playing. The single player campaigns were great for the first few, but as I understand it they've really gone downhill.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 pm 

If you update to the latest client, you now get a music library/player. It's pretty useless (I can't even scrub through tracks, there's no folder hierarchy, and it doesn't support most audio formats)...

BUT, you do get soundtracks to almost every game you already own for free. If you own Portal 2, I highly recommend you snag that 3 disc set. The files download as 320kb mp3 files into your existing Steamapps folder.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 am 

Payday: The Heist is free if you download it in the next 24 hours. No excuses if don't have this already (and you should).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24240/

Lots of other games are temporarily free over the weekend, but this one is yours to keep.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:06 pm 
Singularity ∞

Neat. Shoe Jr. and I are downloading it right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 pm 

Shoe wrote:
Neat. Shoe Jr. and I are downloading it right now.

This is the PERFECT game for two players.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:34 am 
Canyon

Condemned: Criminal Origins is just $3.73 on Steam for the next 3 hours.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:38 am 

2K (the game publisher) anniversary sale going on. A huge chunk of their catalog for $50 (all the Bioshocks, Civ, Borderlands, etc.) which is a fantastic deal if you haven't played their games in the last decade. Otherwise, the individual games are on sale as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/63475/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next