Patriots lost? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*take breath*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*breathe*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I mention, Patriots lost?

Hope they spiral.

Sigh.

Well, it was funny. Seriously, you have to admit it was funny.

New Season. New players... eh? Oh, no real new players. New season.

8-)

Post subject: Re: NFL 2017
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:29 am 

Yeah, if they don't fix their problems on defense, this will be a long ugly season for Pats fans. Hope the Raiders do well on Sunday, Pender.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:35 am 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
Yeah, if they don't fix their problems on defense, this will be a long ugly season for Pats fans. Hope the Raiders do well on Sunday, Pender.

I hate not having regular TV during football season. Well, not "hate" but it is kind of like missing an old ex-girlfriend that was gnarly in bed. You know? Kinky anything you want.

Any who.

I will drag my ass down to the local Raider Nation bar on Sunday to watch the game. I am hopeful about our season.

As for the Pats, well, I have no real idea what the fuck I am talking about other than they apparently lost.

I am sure they will pull up - they still have a lot of season left.

Anyone take a knee during the National Anthem for that game?

Wonder how many players will be doing the knee during the Anthem this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:45 pm 

Pender wrote:

Anyone take a knee during the National Anthem for that game?

Wonder how many players will be doing the knee during the Anthem this year.

One player on the Chiefs, Marcus Peters did, and I thought it was pretty fucking shitty that the announcers made sure that they mentioned him by name. He didn't kneel, he stayed seated on the bench.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:47 pm 

Pender wrote:

As for the Pats, well, I have no real idea what the fuck I am talking about other than they apparently lost.

Believe me, unless they shore up the defense, they're toast. It was truly pathetic, especially in the 4th quarter. You know your D is horrid when you make Alex Smith look like Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:46 am 
Black Hole

Holy crap.

I know most people are probably NOT Raiders fans, but that finish last night was just ridiculously insane. I think there was 2 or 3 plays that happened AFTER the end of regulation time. Something I had never really seen, much less seen multiple times in a row.

I think that was right up there with the most iconic of the Raiders' games (e.g., The Immaculate Reception, etc.).

:hole1: :hole1: :hole1: :hole1: :hole1:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:01 am 
Pollution Baby

Kimfair wrote:
Pender wrote:

Believe me, unless they shore up the defense, they're toast. It was truly pathetic, especially in the 4th quarter. You know your D is horrid when you make Alex Smith look like Aaron Rodgers.

You know I love you, Bro, but you have proven many times over that you ain't be knowin' shit when it comes to football.

Alex Smith is currently the highest rated QB in the NFL. He's having a Tom Brady year.

Yes, the Pat's D is playing horridly. I was worried when they decided to break their normal mold and pay a high rated CB unsightly cash. It fucked with their mojo, and they need to straighten things out by creating a new dynamic that allows for it, which isn't easy. But they will.

And in a season of parody, we can all take comfort in the fact that the Browns still suck.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:33 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
Pender wrote:

You know I love you, Bro, but you have proven many times over that you ain't be knowin' shit when it comes to football.

Alex Smith is currently the highest rated QB in the NFL. He's having a Tom Brady year.

Yes, the Pat's D is playing horridly. I was worried when they decided to break their normal mold and pay a high rated CB unsightly cash. It fucked with their mojo, and they need to straighten things out by creating a new dynamic that allows for it, which isn't easy. But they will.

And in a season of parody, we can all take comfort in the fact that the Browns still suck.

:lol:

Is Alex Smith doing well? Yes. So far this year, he is doing very well with a rating over 120.

But last year, Smith's rating was barely over 91.

And most of his previous years were mediocre for the NFL, at best (usually in the low 90s or lower).

So, it is not a bad call to say Smith is not normally Aaron Rodgers (who has been consistently in the one hundreds), especially when all we have to go on is last - and previous - year's stats.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 am 

Dude, a passer rating of 91 is pretty good. In fact, only 13 quarterbacks in the history of the NFL have a career passer rating over 91.

The Philadelphia Eagles are 5-1 and playing really well. Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 am 
Black Hole

Red wrote:
Dude, a passer rating of 91 is pretty good.

It's no Aaron Rodgers, though.

Go to NFL dot com and compare their stats.

I was not saying Alex Smith was "horrible," but you have to concede that his stats are NOT Aaron Rodgers' level where his average over the last 10 seasons has been 104.87.

Compared to Alex Smith over the last 10 active seasons (skipping 2008) average of 85.95.

The burn, therefore, is that if you're making Alex Smith look like Aaron Rodgers, you have a defensive hole.

I may not follow it as in-depth as others, but my overall point is solid and still stands given the time it was made and the past seasonal performance of Smith.

Smith is looking really good this year.

I am all for that since my favorite player in NFL history is Jim Plunkett. A guy deemed finished by everyone around him, including the Raiders, but the guy led the Raiders to 2 Super Bowl victories with some of the worst stats ever. To me, Plunkett is a miracle story in a lot of ways.

Now, as far Smith is concerned. The whole thing is shit-talking, but it is not entirely unfounded shit-talking.

But, Ericubus is probably right. I probably don't know fucking crap about football.

No worries.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:02 pm 

The thing about comparing guys to Aaron Rodgers is that Aaron Rodgers has by far the highest passer rating in league history. By far. And Alex Smith is far exceeding that rating this year. Point is, Alex Smith is a good quarterback having a great, great year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:04 am 

Smith is having a great year, but if you're the quarterback for a team, and the team drafts a QB in the first round, and you're not that old, it shows what your team thinks of you. He's been the dreaded "game manager" QB for a while now. He's never been as consistently great as Rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm 

Kimfair wrote:
He's never been as consistently great as Rodgers.

You guys need to stop comparing him to Aaron Rodgers. NOBODY in the history of this planet has been as consistently good as Aaron Rodgers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:23 pm 

The way I phased it originally made that clear, I thought, but I never thought it would spur such lively debate.