It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:57 am 
Pollution Baby

tigerpal wrote:
Movie #12, Second clue:
One of the main characters has a lot in common with this little fella:

Something to do with Hunter S. Thompson?

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 am 

Ericubus wrote:
tigerpal wrote:
Movie #12, Second clue:

Good guess but I was thinking maybe it's something involving Adrien Brody. The resemblance is uncanny.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:55 am 

Is it A Serbian Film?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:20 am 
Pollution Baby

Kimfair wrote:
...St Elizabeth's hospital up the street...
What is the street address?

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 am 

Ericubus wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
...St Elizabeth's hospital up the street...
What is the street address?

It is 736 Cambridge st, BUT the garage is on Warren st.

Basically, if you stopped by my house first to drop off stuff, you would continue on Murdock St (one way) to the Stop sign at the top of the street (past the stop sign that is just past my house). This is Warren st. Take a left at that stop sign, go through the light ahead of you, hospital parking is the first right after the light. On the map below, my house is marked A, the entrance to St. Elizabeth's is marked B. Both on left side of map.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 am 
Pollution Baby

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:13 pm 
Pollution Baby

tigerpal wrote:
Movie #12, Second clue:

Or a different direction... someone that likes to have 'relations' with chickens?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm 
Sinkhole

Ericubus wrote:

Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:37 pm 
Sinkhole

caryc wrote:

The resemblance IS uncanny. But no.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:38 pm 
Sinkhole

caryc wrote:
Is it A Serbian Film?

I like you guys. Would I do that? Would anyone ever come to Fest again? Hell, I never want to see it again.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:39 pm 
Sinkhole

Ericubus wrote:
tigerpal wrote:
Movie #12, Second clue:

Or a different direction... someone that likes to have 'relations' with chickens?

Aha! Our guy definitely has a fondness for poultry. Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 am 
Sinkhole

Last movie, last clue:

It stars a pop idol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 am 
Pollution Baby

tigerpal wrote:
Last movie, last clue:

It stars a pop idol.
Can we get some clarification on the hint, as in, what country the person is a pop idol in, or where they are originally from?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:22 am 

Where's the fun in that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 am 
Pollution Baby

Kimfair wrote:
Where's the fun in that?
It would be possible to answer the question.

With your clues, Mr. Fair, there are so many films that fit them it is pointless to even guess, with her's, they are much more narrowed down, as in, if you are familiar with the film in question, you can guess it by the clues. IE: There are very few films that include both chicken 'fondness' and a pop idol. Unfortunately I am not familiar with them, but if it was narrowed down to where the pop idol comes from, I may be able to deduce with some creative googling.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 pm 

Ericubus wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
Where's the fun in that?

With your clues, Mr. Fair, there are so many films that fit them it is pointless to even guess, with her's, they are much more narrowed down, as in, if you are familiar with the film in question, you can guess it by the clues. IE: There are very few films that include both chicken 'fondness' and a pop idol. Unfortunately I am not familiar with them, but if it was narrowed down to where the pop idol comes from, I may be able to deduce with some creative googling.

I can't speak for tigerpal, but I actively try to make my films impossible to guess. Tigerpal learned to be more subversive after you correctly guessed R100 based on the tag line from the movie. You'll find out the name of the film tomorrow, no worries. And it will so be worth it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 pm 
Pollution Baby

Kimfair wrote:
I can't speak for tigerpal, but I actively try to make my films impossible to guess.
Where's the fun in that? You Sadistic Bastard!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:39 pm 
Canyon

It's getting down to the wire now -- just wanted to put out the feelers for the whole streaming thing. I'm just trying to gauge potential participation and will likely make a decision in the next 2 days.

Here are the options:

1. The same thing we've always done. A full 24 hours of audio streaming -- movie audio mixed a mic'd audience -- in Google Hangouts with web-chatting in between in each movie.

2. Audio streaming a few select titles during peak hours with a Google Hangout in between. (This is the option I'm leaning towards, personally.)

3. No audio streaming at all. Google Hangouts in between each movie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:40 pm 

Ericubus wrote:
You Sadistic Bastard!

Yup! That's EXACTLY what I am!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:13 pm 
Sinkhole

Ericubus wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
I can't speak for tigerpal, but I actively try to make my films impossible to guess.
Where's the fun in that? You Sadistic Bastard!

Sure you can speak for me! And Ericubus, the new, impossible clues are a tribute to you and your Google skills. I've googled every clue I've posted since, and made sure they were relatively ungoogle-able.

Count me as Sadistic Bastard #2.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:15 pm 
Sinkhole

Ericubus wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
Where's the fun in that?

If I told you where the pop idol was from it would give away EVERYTHING. I think he might be the only one from this particular locale. There! I gave you another clue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:22 pm 

Downhuman wrote:
It's getting down to the wire now -- just wanted to put out the feelers for the whole streaming thing. I'm just trying to gauge potential participation and will likely make a decision in the next 2 days.

Here are the options:

1. The same thing we've always done. A full 24 hours of audio streaming -- movie audio mixed a mic'd audience -- in Google Hangouts with web-chatting in between in each movie.

2. Audio streaming a few select titles during peak hours with a Google Hangout in between. (This is the option I'm leaning towards, personally.)

3. No audio streaming at all. Google Hangouts in between each movie.

Totally cool with just 3...I think I logged in last year to say hi...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:35 am 
Sinkhole

It's movie announcement day! The one with the uncomfortable title, chicken love and Pakistani pop idol Ali Zafar...
Our last movie is the 2010 Bollywood comedy about a young Pakistani reporter desperate for a chance to work in the United States. While on assignment, he thinks he's found Osama Bin Laden. His 25 million dollar fantasy begins to crumble when he realizes its only a loopy chicken farmer. Never one to give up, he still manages to realize his dream and burn his boss in the process in this satire/slapstick/fairy tale entitled, "Tere Bin Laden."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:40 am 

Here is the program art for Tere Bin Laden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:23 pm 

Looks like we're getting a break, weather-wise this weekend...cold, but clear. Getting all my ducks in a row. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm 
Pollution Baby

tigerpal wrote:
It's movie announcement day! The one with the uncomfortable title, chicken love and Pakistani pop idol Ali Zafar...
I was following a completely different pop idol's rabbit hole...
Viguen Derderian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:46 pm 
Sinkhole

Oh Viguen! I can only imagine the screaming girls. Next year, my friend.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 pm 
Canyon

Decision time. I've gotten some responses for streaming and the consensus is pretty unanimous -- we'll be nixing the audio streaming and just doing a Google Hangout in between the movies. I'm also thinking that doing it after every movie will be excessive so maybe just during the peak hours (nobody is going to be logging on at 3 in the morning). I'll touch base with Mike and Lynn to work out what the best times would be. Hope to see some of you log in this year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:37 pm 

That sounds great Downhuman, plus it frees you from the cable running and constant worrying about the link. You can actually sit back and enjoy Fest this year!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:59 pm 

Here's the final program art in all it's glory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 pm 
Pollution Baby

Lovely composition, well done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:58 am 

Ericubus wrote:
Lovely composition, well done.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:55 am 
Canyon

Hey, I've always enjoyed it regardless. The extra work I've done for streaming is actually stuff I really love doing as well so I've never dreaded it or anything. I'll be bringing my laptop and my Bluray player this year and that's it.

I'll also have a look at your Bluray player and see if I can fix it's playback issues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:25 am 

Fest lasagna made, just need to put foil on top and pop into the fridge to be baked tomorrow. And this year I made the sauce, instead of using jarred sauce.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next