It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, kids. Here's the new board.

For starters, I have no idea what happened to DIMP and if we should expect it to come back. My assumption is that lostwire got tired of paying for hosting. DIMP was hosted in Portland at a very reliable but also pretty expensive company, so it's no big surprise if Tim decided to let that account lapse. I haven't heard anything from him about it, so everything is pure speculation.

Be that as it may, I think that the DIMP community is worth saving, so I've set up this board to host it. As the weeks progress I'll be tweaking everything and making it more attractive and useful. Right now it's more or less set to the defaults. I'll probably want to enlist some assistance from any of you who have experience working with these boards. More on that soon.

Finally, one of the sad things about DIMP was the fact that the front page went dormant for over a year. I intend to set up a WordPress blog at gapingmediahole.com that all the writers will be given access to. It'll be a place where they can publish their content on their own without having to go through the massive headache of doing layouts for the DIMP front page. I should have that element working before the end of February.

So, there you have it! Enjoy!

EDIT:

If you have problems registering or logging in, email me at locnar@mac.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]