It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey CaryC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:18 pm 

Congrats to your bulldogs for a glorious win and also not making Bama have to play Baker Mayfield!

Post subject: Re: Hey CaryC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:48 am 

Thanks, Al. I was at the game yesterday with my daughter. It's probably the best game I've ever been to. It was an unreal experience.

Looking forward to next week's game. I'd be lying if I said I wish you luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:02 pm 

If our offense plays anything like it’s played for 2 seasons under Hurts I don’t think we stand a chance. He’s one of the worst qbs I’ve ever had to watch and just shows how talented these Alabama teams have been the past few years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 pm 

You guys have a great defense though. If they force Fromm to throw for points and take away Chubb and Michel's run game, you've got the advantage.

My favorite part of yesterday was right at the beginning of the third. When they came out and we stopped them on that first possession, you could feel the change in the atmosphere at the stadium. Suddenly, Mayfield was on his back two or three times and it became obvious that they weren't going to run us over any longer. Then to have Chubb and Michel break off huge runs and start to really hammer their defense. I can't describe the way it felt on the Georgia side of the stadium.

I just hope this big win didn't sap too much out of them. I don't want them to play a flat game against Bama. I want this one to be epic also. If we had another nail biter next Monday, that would suit me perfectly and cement the case for the playoff system.

Also, I was glad you all handled Clemson completely. I wanted to shut up all the Ohio State people who thought Bama shouldn't be in the playoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:09 pm 

Oklahoma had 1 first down in your 24-0 run to start the 2nd half, that's scary as hell. I'm happy you got to be there to experience that game, won't get to see many games like that! People hate Alabama so much there are still lots of talk saying they shouldn't of made it, it's laughable. The worst part is this playoff committee has favored Ohio State nearly every year until now; 2014 they shouldn't of made it in over TCU/Baylor and 2016 Penn State should've been in it over them but now that it favored Alabama over Ohio State (rightly so) people want 8 team playoffs....Do you know what an 8 team playoff system means Caryc? Just more of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, and a few other teams who will get their ass beat by the above teams, nothing will change except more players will get injured.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:44 am 

Al Pacino wrote:
nothing will change except more players will get injured.

And that's exactly why they won't bring in an 8 team playoff. These kids already risk a lot playing beyond the regular season. When those juniors and seniors have a big payday waiting out there, I'd bet you'll get more and more declining to play.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:19 am 

Hey Al, great game. Switching quarterbacks was a pure Saban move. I have to feel it was planned all along on some level. Your guys played amazingly and really battled back. My only gripe with my own team is that they changed their playcalling in the fourth. They went all run and that's what killed us in my opinion. We were hitting little passes the whole game and then we went three whole series without even trying to throw the ball.

Still, I'm extremely happy for my guys and you better believe we're going to be back there in a couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:00 pm 

When I went to bed UGA was up 13 in the late 3rd. Bummer, sorry Cary, I was rooting for your guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:28 pm 

Thanks, Kimfair. I still stand by that this was way beyond my expectation for this season. We weren't even supposed to be in the conversation. Our starting quarterback was injured right out of the gate and this true freshman was never supposed to be this poised at this stage in his career. Not to mention, it's only Kirby Smart's second season as head coach.

A lot of things fell the right way for us and I'm just glad we got as far as we did. Smart is building a powerhouse though. You can see it in the recruiting and you can feel it in the way the players are reacting to the changes in the program. Saban is a master but we got his star pupil as our head coach and you better believe he's building his own dynasty. I'm happy with where we're headed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:55 pm 

Great game CaryC! I gotta agree with you, UGA lost it with the conservative game plan in the 4th (I know Fromm tossed a few INTs but both were extremely unlucky and you gotta go for the kill in that situation). Kirby also splitting carries between Chubb and Sony Michel was a total Saban move because Michel really needed all the carries with how well he looked. Alabama nearly did the same thing being conservative the final drive and I knew we'd be going to overtime if we didn't try and get within the damn 5-10 yard line. That kicker was so nervous and was so bad all game you just knew this guy was never going to make a national championship winning kick.

I know how badly it hurts because when Alabama loses it's usually an absolute heart breaker but UGA will be back there soon and I'm sure with the talent he's bringing in this recruiting class and with Fromm you guys will get a Natty. And if not Fromm, you got Justin Fields who really looks like he could be a great one as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:33 am 

Thanks, Al. Looking forward to next season for sure!

Now, the long wait until August...