It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:52 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Tees is still saying my order went through.

Yeah, I am seeing it as fine on some analytics pages and then on another it says zero and then on another it says 1 order for the new style.

Their customer support is fairly quick, if you message them.

Maybe send them an email to get a clearer answer.....?

I got an email saying that I needed to contact them early this morning about my account needing to reactivated, but I see nothing wrong on the outside or in my account.

I replied asking what the fuck they were on about.

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 1:25 pm 
Black Hole

It seems that the Nazi shirt, because it was ordered prior to them taking it down, went through as a valid sale, Ericubus.

That said, HERE IS THE A BOY AND HIS DOG shirt design for those that love dogs (and it donates to my local no-kill shelter).

Here is a look at just the graphic:
Spoiler: show
Attachment:
ABoyAndHisDog-WEB.jpg
ABoyAndHisDog-WEB.jpg [ 458.91 KiB | Viewed 1240 times ]

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 4:55 pm 
Pollution Baby

Yay to both. Nice design.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:18 pm 
Pollution Baby

8-) Order shipped

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:37 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
8-) Order shipped

Send me pictures, please.

Preferably stuff I can use to market - but if only personal, that is fine, too. Just let me know if you're okay with me putting you on like my IG and FB, or if you want me just to keep it personal.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm 
Pollution Baby

It is in my grubby little hands.

Attachment:
20180605_151649.jpg
20180605_151649.jpg [ 1.76 MiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

Damn good quality item, really soft. I will need to wash it before wear8ng, but will see if I can take a decent photo then.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:02 pm 
Black Hole

Holy crap that looks awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:14 pm 
Pollution Baby

Ya, my pic is blurry and sucks, but the print quality is really good, accurate and not that tacky stiff type paint, but moves well and keeps the T soft.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:15 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Ya, my pic is blurry and sucks, but the print quality is really good, accurate and not that tacky stiff type paint, but moves well and keeps the T soft.

I am going to quote you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm 
Pollution Baby

:)

I would recommend ordering 1 or 2 sizes up, the large is very long, but slim, while I am not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:05 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
:)

I would recommend ordering 1 or 2 sizes up, the large is very long, but slim, while I am not.

Good to know.

If it does not fit properly, I would contact their customer service which has a good rep.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:49 am 
Black Hole

Encountered this problem this morning on Instagram:

1. Posted Sgt. Panda Mug (perfect for Father's Day, kill bad guys, be awesome, etc.) about a minute later as I am browsing other posts, I get notified I have a post deleted for violating something.
2. Take about 45 minutes of researching and trying to find info on what I did so I can not do it again
3. See that the text was deleted from my post
4. Hmmm, figure the "kill bad guys" may have been the issue and decide to repost with no mention of killing or anything other than being an awesome panda ("Wake. Be Awesome Panda. Repeat... blah blah blah"
5. Again, within a minute I am notified a post has been removed due to some unknown possible violation
6. Switch tactics and decide to post a different mug - totally different take and hashtags
7. Note that 15 minutes later, no likes, no views, nothing on new post
8. Verify that it is up for public by Googling on different browser and not logged in to see my profile - all still looks good
9. 30 minutes later there is no activity, so I post a pic of my cat for "caturday" and nothing
10. I think my shit is fucked

Yesterday, I had some lady "attack" me for being insensitive to the plight of the panda and depicting pandas in a "disgusting" manner. She is part of an organization with some 169K followers on FB. I respond, at length, that I am legit and feel I depict pandas in the same light (or similar enough) to Kung Fu Panda, etc.

I am now wondering, since my shit can be reported anonymously that she set her forces against me as I shared my IG account with her so that she could see my art is definitely not in favor of killing pandas (or having them die out) and that I am very much a peace-loving dude for the most part.

Here we are definitely approaching over an hour and not one active anything on my two very innocuous posts.

IG doesn't give any information as to why shit happens or anything and I am definitely thinking something is up because it never takes long for us to get 1-2 likes and last night we were rocking almost 40 likes and climbed well above the 100 followers mark.

I fucking hate this shit some times and Mrs. Pender is not going to be happy because we both were loving the IG responses and interaction - far better than FB.

:(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 am 
Pollution Baby

Post a direct link and we can like and respond.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 am 

Pender wrote:
I shared my IG account with her

Why? She was looking for a fight, dude. Never argue with people on facebook, ever. Never disagree with someone who hates your work. Just ignore it, or offer a free shirt (works every time).

Just create an account just for nazi-killing panda dude. Spread it out, so if one thing gets shut down, it doesn't affect anything else you're doing. Don't cross the streams.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:55 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Post a direct link and we can like and respond.

LINK
Chris Knight wrote:
Why? She was looking for a fight, dude. Never argue with people on facebook, ever. Never disagree with someone who hates your work. Just ignore it, or offer a free shirt (works every time).

Just create an account just for nazi-killing panda dude. Spread it out, so if one thing gets shut down, it doesn't affect anything else you're doing. Don't cross the streams.

If she had hated my work on the basis that it did not appeal to her aesthetically, I probably would have ignored it (or laughed at her - or both).

The fact that she was feeling that I was depicting the panda in a "disgusting" manner and was representing herself as the CEO (or some such) of a global panda organization, well, it just seemed like a reasonable conversation should happen.

After all, I love panda bears.

My family ancestry is part of the bear clan and I am very much an advocate for "bear rights", given a chance or placed on the spot.

At the minimum, I had hoped to get 169K people looking at my stuff (and maybe I was too hasty in that regard). My responses were very measured and laid out so that her fellow panda lovers could see I am a man of the bear, so to speak.

That said, I did a side-by-side, word-for-word comparison a few moments ago on a new IG account (it has the number 1 added to the end of my original username) to see if there was a difference - and sure as shit, my old one got to my nephew and no one else, and the new account racked up 11 likes so far in the last 45 minutes it has been up.

My original account definitely seems "hindered" in some fashion.

As to making a Sgt Panda ONLY account, I am toying with that idea, but the extra work on top of the 16 hours I am already pouring into this is not something I would say is "inspiring".

It is already a major kick in my fucking balls to know now that there is something fucking with my original account.

But, I guess I better get up and get back to work since I took most of yesterday "off" to feel shitty and do things to ignore how shitty I felt.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 am 

Again, you owe her nothing, and she was never going to buy any of your work. Self-entitled bored people on the internet are the worst. People that know you, know you love pandas. Who gives a shit what this woman thinks? This art is now your income, so only cater to customers, not people that will waste your time. If you want 169K followers, go on fiverr.com and ask for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:58 am 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:
Again, you owe her nothing, and she was never going to buy any of your work. Self-entitled bored people on the internet are the worst. People that know you, know you love pandas. Who gives a shit what this woman thinks? This art is now your income, so only cater to customers, not people that will waste your time. If you want 169K followers, go on fiverr.com and ask for them.

You're right and I don't debate that.

But, at the same time, I cannot keep kicking myself in the balls over a single mistake.

Did I fuck myself? Yep. More than likely.

It is even more difficult conveying this to the wife when she's invested so much into the IG game and we both had been pretty proud going from a few followers to over 110 followers in a very short amount of time. Followers that were supportive, too.

I just got through messaging them to switch over to my new account. I doubt many will do it, but it is worth a shot and just learn from my mistake.

Yep, Pender fucked up. Get up and keep moving and don't do it again.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:43 am 

Hey, everyone fucks up - just learn from the experience. Nobody will remember nazi-woman's rant on your FB wall in a week, because she'll have moved on to her next target.

Also, IG stories, get on that. I've been producing them for about 6 months now, and it's guaranteed eyeballs. Just take some photos of your WIP, add some text bubbles (keep it simple and funny), and slip a cat photo in there. Stories appear above everything else when people open the app, so it's free marketing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:13 am 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:
Hey, everyone fucks up - just learn from the experience. Nobody will remember nazi-woman's rant on your FB wall in a week, because she'll have moved on to her next target.

Also, IG stories, get on that. I've been producing them for about 6 months now, and it's guaranteed eyeballs. Just take some photos of your WIP, add some text bubbles (keep it simple and funny), and slip a cat photo in there. Stories appear above everything else when people open the app, so it's free marketing.

Yeah, I've been trying to figure stories out to make the most of them, but I also have to be producing art.

I need to YouTube an instruction video and dedicate an hour or two to get it under my belt.

I figured out how to post a photo to it.... but beyond that... not much.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:54 am 

eh, take a photo, hit the sticker button, add some text and/or a stupid animated gif, rinse-repeat. It's minimal engagement, but audiences love the "behind-the-scenes" feeling it evokes.

Also, did I mention Bluestacks? It's a free android emulator for Windows, which I use to upload edited content to IG (because IG is an asshole about only allowing a phone to do this). Makes your stuff look more professional.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 am 
Black Hole

Made a sale.

Direct buyer (which means through one of our social media channels) and got the My Primitive Cat design in an XL Tall size.

Making progress and hope the positive momentum keeps up through the day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 am 
Singularity ∞

This'll do.

Attachment:
pawnisher.jpg
pawnisher.jpg [ 57 KiB | Viewed 1097 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm 
Black Hole

Shoe wrote:
This'll do.

Attachment:
pawnisher.jpg

That looks awesome.

Thank you, sir.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:00 pm 
Black Hole

PS - I expect to see you sporting it on an attic vid. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:12 pm 
Singularity ∞

Pender wrote:
PS - I expect to see you sporting it on an attic vid. LOL

I wore it sailing today.

And naturally it will show up in an attic video at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 am 

Pender, I'm planning on buying some stuff, but I'm moving right now, and am trying to limit all that until I'm in the new place. My wife loves your Buddha cat pillow, so consider one of those to be sold soon!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 am 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
Pender, I'm planning on buying some stuff, but I'm moving right now, and am trying to limit all that until I'm in the new place. My wife loves your Buddha cat pillow, so consider one of those to be sold soon!

That is wonderful and thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 am 

I love the amphibious pirate design! It's perfect for wearing to a dive site. The shirt is very comfortable also. Sgt. Panda is also on the way and should be here either later this week or early next.

Keep up the great work, Pender!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 am 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:

I love the amphibious pirate design! It's perfect for wearing to a dive site. The shirt is very comfortable also. Sgt. Panda is also on the way and should be here either later this week or early next.

Keep up the great work, Pender!

Is it okay to share that (without any of your private deets, for sure) on social media?

I love the way that looks and we spent a little cash on trying to do things local here. Mrs. Pender and I both got 1 shirt and she chose that design for herself (I chose the Sgt Panda).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:29 am 

You can use it, no problem. Once I get Sgt. Panda, I'll send you one of those also. I'll try not to look worried in future photos. I'm not sure what that expression was about but I think it had something to do with me trying to take the selfie without dropping my phone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:47 am 

Cary - what size did you end up buying? I was concerned when ericubus said that the shirts were narrow, but the one you're wearing seems fairly roomy. I've been losing some weight, so I could get a smaller size, but not if they are narrowly cut.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:53 am 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
You can use it, no problem. Once I get Sgt. Panda, I'll send you one of those also. I'll try not to look worried in future photos. I'm not sure what that expression was about but I think it had something to do with me trying to take the selfie without dropping my phone.

The Pender Wife said you looked happy.

I think it is a good photo, too.

Thank you again for the support and for saying you'll wear it to dive spots. I love that. I would wear one to go surfing, if I still live in California.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 pm 

Kimfair wrote:
Cary - what size did you end up buying? I was concerned when ericubus said that the shirts were narrow, but the one you're wearing seems fairly roomy. I've been losing some weight, so I could get a smaller size, but not if they are narrowly cut.

I got the 2XL because of what Ericubus said. That picture is right after I took it out of the package so it hasn't been washed yet. I'm losing weight also and I'm hopeful this will shrink some. Even if it doesn't though, it'll still be fine for diving.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 am 

caryc wrote:

I got the 2XL because of what Ericubus said. That picture is right after I took it out of the package so it hasn't been washed yet. I'm losing weight also and I'm hopeful this will shrink some. Even if it doesn't though, it'll still be fine for diving.

Cool. Thanks for the info. My brother is afraid of frogs, so you know what shirt he's getting for Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 am 
Pollution Baby

I wore mine on Father's Day to Six Flags, my wifey got us all memberships, so if you want to go on guest day I am open, Kimfair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next