It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:04 am 

Ericubus wrote:
I wore mine on Father's Day to Six Flags, my wifey got us all memberships, so if you want to go on guest day I am open, Kimfair.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:26 am 

Kimfair wrote:
caryc wrote:

I got the 2XL because of what Ericubus said. That picture is right after I took it out of the package so it hasn't been washed yet. I'm losing weight also and I'm hopeful this will shrink some. Even if it doesn't though, it'll still be fine for diving.

Cool. Thanks for the info. My brother is afraid of frogs, so you know what shirt he's getting for Christmas!

Dude, the parallels in our lives continue to stack up. My sister is afraid of frogs. I plan on wearing the shirt when I see her next.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:16 am 

caryc wrote:

Dude, the parallels in our lives continue to stack up. My sister is afraid of frogs. I plan on wearing the shirt when I see her next.

This is too fucking funny!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
caryc wrote:

I got the 2XL because of what Ericubus said. That picture is right after I took it out of the package so it hasn't been washed yet. I'm losing weight also and I'm hopeful this will shrink some. Even if it doesn't though, it'll still be fine for diving.

Cool. Thanks for the info. My brother is afraid of frogs, so you know what shirt he's getting for Christmas!

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
Kimfair wrote:
caryc wrote:

:lol: :lol:

You guys crack me the fuck up.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm 
Black Hole

Tomorrow we are doing our first attempt at combining a yard sale with selling products we ordered and have on-hand. It is totally frightening since I had to compile two portfolios and will have to speak to people about buying my stuff.

Thankfully, Mrs. Pender is far better at that than I am.

Bummer part is selling my surfboards. I understand my own personal need to do so (kind of like another statement to myself that I must be fully committed to doing this), but it still is very sad to be doing so. Ugh.

Hopefully all will go well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm 
Pollution Baby

Is it possible to get the butterfly in a children's 5T and maybe teal?

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:08 pm 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Is it possible to get the butterfly in a children's 5T and maybe teal?

Let me check on that.

Mrs. Pender says it should be on our Redbubble, but the ranges are a little weird since she had another young girl get a shirt a couple weeks ago.

She will check it tomorrow.

But the colors are limited a little.

We can work something out somehow. Even if it means I have to send the design to someone there locally that can do it and you just send me a service fee type of deal.

:thumbs:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:37 am 
Pollution Baby

Just post the link to the Redbubble and I'll check it out.

In the future it will become even easier for old negatives to become lost and be "replaced" by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten. - George Lucas 1988

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:42 am 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Just post the link to the Redbubble and I'll check it out.

Here is the LINK to the closest thing we can get.

Unfortunately, they don't allow any control over the material colors or the size or placement of the designs on kids' clothing.

We've been looking for a service that provides more kids clothing but Redbubble is one of the few places that actually does that. And she may have found one.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:44 am 
Black Hole

Hours later and the platform is not something we can do at this time since it has upfront fees associated with the selling aspect. We still might use it, but spending money when we have little-to-none, is a step that must be considered closely.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:29 pm 

I have a friend who sells shirts on threadless.com, and they don't have any up-front costs. It's a very popular alternative to redbubble, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 pm 
Pollution Baby

Thanks, Pender, I'll look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:19 pm 
Black Hole

Chris Knight wrote:
I have a friend who sells shirts on threadless.com, and they don't have any up-front costs. It's a very popular alternative to redbubble, etc.

Yes, I believe Threadless is one of the other alternatives to Teespring and Redbubble that we've looked at.

I enjoy Teespring's aspect of donations built into the selling model. And we've sold several shirts to people associated with the charities/nonprofits, so I doubt I will fully move away from that.

Redbubble was the 2nd rated place, so we went with them as well to expand just from t-shirts since they offer tons of stuff including die-cut vinyl stickers (which means they conform to the design shapes +1/8th of an inch).

I will look at Threadless in more detail though since we both agree that we have no reason for any real loyalty to one or another. As long as my designs stay under my control and I am not limited to putting them on other sites or using them however I wish, I can definitely consider someone else to add to the mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 am 

How did the garage sale go overall?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:25 pm 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
How did the garage sale go overall?

Well, it was far less busy than we had hoped.

Later on, when I went to go get some Thai food, I discovered that the main highway near us had 2 of the 3 lanes shut down. That explained a lot since I had not seen very many cars when I was out putting signs up and there usually is a decent amount of traffic by 8 AM on a Saturday.

That said, we turned a lot of stuff/junk and walked away with over $130.

Not horrible.

We also discussed a lot of stuff. It was very stressful and the wind was very difficult to deal with since it kept blowing the shirts around and one gust tried to take our canopy with it when it blew. We need to get something better than a rope to hang the shirts since several people tried to look through them and it was difficult since they all piled to one spot. The stickers were not obvious enough, either. I handed out over 7 flyers with discount offers and we had even more people browse through my portfolio.

We are thinking of checking out the local swap meets this coming weekend since we both agreed selling junk next to the new stuff is far too much to deal with.

Neither one of us slept for more than 4 hours before and the stress of dragging everything out and how to set it all up was not pleasant for anyone. We crashed hard after it was all said and done. Maybe about 3:30 PM.

Slept for about an hour and got up and talked, strategized, and agreed to not let it get us down (another difficult thing). The one guy that bought a sticker was awesome. Very nice guy.

I had some guy step on one of my boards as I displayed them on the ground. It was bottom up and thankfully he did not bust it and thankfully I was able to control myself enough to only angrily ask him to get off my board.

Neither board sold. But maybe that is a good thing.

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm 
Black Hole

Ericubus wrote:
Thanks, Pender, I'll look at it.

Mrs. Pender also wants to buy a 5T butterfly shirt for her great niece.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 am 

Sorry it didn't go better for you. I'm actually kind of glad you didn't sell your boards, though. I've seen footage of people surfing ship wakes on the Gulf side of Texas. Maybe once you get your feet under you, the two of you can take a surf trip there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:30 am 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
Sorry it didn't go better for you. I'm actually kind of glad you didn't sell your boards, though. I've seen footage of people surfing ship wakes on the Gulf side of Texas. Maybe once you get your feet under you, the two of you can take a surf trip there.

:lol: :thumbs:

It went as well as it could considering the traffic problems.

Setbacks are hard to overcome at times (the voice inside me that is constantly telling me I am not worthwhile and will fail), but I have got decently capable of getting back up and moving forward. It may take a day or so, but I do get back up and roll my sleeves up and work.

Everything is pressure.

I do it, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 am 

Hey Pender, I'm getting closer to ordering stuff, and I saw your generous offer of a 25% off coupon, but does that lessen YOUR take from the sale? If it does, I don't want it, but if it comes out of the other guys pocket, I'm all for saving some cash.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 am 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
Hey Pender, I'm getting closer to ordering stuff, and I saw your generous offer of a 25% off coupon, but does that lessen YOUR take from the sale? If it does, I don't want it, but if it comes out of the other guys pocket, I'm all for saving some cash.

The 25% OFF (Teespring only) I posted about on IG is from my end on most items, but I control the offer.

Redbubble runs sales regularly and I believe the hits are shared on that one. And I have no control over the sales on RB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:26 am 
Pollution Baby

Idea for a design, Scar standing over his red hat hyenas saying, "Stick with me and we'll make Pride Rock great again!"

My daughter is in theater camp and doing The Lion King play on Friday. I want to bribe the kid playing Scar to change the words.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:35 am 
Black Hole

Ha! I think Disney would eat my lunch. Nice, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:25 pm 

My Katana frog shirt came today. I was a little apprehensive as in the past I always ordered my shirts 3XL, but as I've lost weight, I went 2XL, and though it's not a big 2XL, it still fits nice. I love this design, Pender!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 am 
Black Hole

Kimfair wrote:
My Katana frog shirt came today. I was a little apprehensive as in the past I always ordered my shirts 3XL, but as I've lost weight, I went 2XL, and though it's not a big 2XL, it still fits nice. I love this design, Pender!

I loved this frog so much I started a new one that I hope to finish by tomorrow. Thank you for the compliments, may I use them (and your photo - with your identity undisclosed, of course) for my social media?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:49 pm 

Pender wrote:
Kimfair wrote:

I loved this frog so much I started a new one that I hope to finish by tomorrow. Thank you for the compliments, may I use them (and your photo - with your identity undisclosed, of course) for my social media?

Sure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:50 am 

That frog is awesome! It may be my favorite design so far. Looking forward to his further adventures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:22 am 
Black Hole

We like the bottle/glass collection in the background, too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:01 am 

Pender wrote:
We like the bottle/glass collection in the background, too.

When we were looking for a new place, we were concerned there wouldn't be a place for my wife's glass and bottle collection. We got really lucky that this place has the plate rail in the dining room. We got rid of a bunch, but there's still a lot left!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:37 am 
Black Hole

I sit here. Back at the base. In the same chair as when I left. It's been a few weeks now.

Getting softer while Charlie gets stronger.

I had a week of no co-worker and was able to do a little pencil sketching, but it is limited now that he is back from his leave.

I get home and sketch for an hour or two, but it does not compare to a day of sketching.

I came back, though, because the environment allows me to dedicate hours of the day to my own stuff so long as I finish Their shit, too.

Funny thing.

I was assigned a job to do a graphic for a ballistic shield that will sit outside a recruiting office. Something I would normally spend 1-2 days doing. I got to the two day mark and went quickly to a military sanctioned gallery of photos. Chose a horizontal photo after browsing for about 15 minutes. Applied a quick Illustrator filter to the image and slapped the standard logo and taglines onto the layout. Overall took me less than 30 minutes.

My NCOIC was ecstatic over the final product.

It's been the same with all my assignments.

Slamming stuff through the quickest filters and most basic layout principles.

No one has called me on any of it - no matter how many corners I have cut. It just does not matter.

It makes me so sad that I spent so much of my life energy investing in sincere effort to make things look awesome for these people. And I wonder how much I could have been doing this all along in my career. It just is fucking sad.

Crazy sad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:48 am 

Yep. I've seen it in my industry as well. If you put your all into something and expect people to notice, most don't. They just want the project completed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:43 pm 

It seems like a waste of time, but you're crafting your skill. I would wager you wouldn't be able to bang out the boring "this isn't going in my portfolio anytime soon" content so fast, without the knowledge you've gained over the years. And, hey, at least you're not making DVD covers for Monty's favourite movies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:20 pm 

Chris Knight wrote:
but you're crafting your skill.

This is also true.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:53 am 
Black Hole

caryc wrote:
Chris Knight wrote:
but you're crafting your skill.

This is also true.

I have to remember to take things for myself, including the experience not being totally fruitless.

I appreciate the reminder, guys.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:02 am 
Black Hole

Please Go Vote For My Design LINK HERE or copy and paste: https://goo.gl/anw7K4

Note that the image is for a contest that could win $2K for me and votes could help me get a deal with the host to have the design sold through their company on their products.

Although the image is based on Dark Side of the Moon, I do see it as being a statement of love, even between monsters, should be open for all, regardless of how people see you.

The shirt the Monster is wearing is similar to the one that Roger Waters wore around that time on tour.

A lot of the Floyd stuff is reversed (color of triangle, background, and triangle orientation).

Please get as many votes in as possible (I was able to vote twice, once for each of my two main emails, using different browsers), as you only need to not be a robot and have an email address.

Thanks guys.

Attachment:
File comment: Frank Love
FrankSideOfTheMoon-WEB.jpg
FrankSideOfTheMoon-WEB.jpg [ 409.98 KiB | Viewed 564 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next